Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman's
Yield: 1 smoothie bowl (about 2 cups)
Features berries (for anthocyanins), apricots (for vitamin A/beta carotene/lutein and vitamin C), avocado (for omega 3s), cashews (for lutein and zeaxanthin)
- 1 cup Wyman's Triple Berry blend
- ½ avocado
- 4 apricot halves (canned in juice) or 2 fresh apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 small frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ½ teaspoon honey, optional
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- dash cinnamon, optional
- Suggested garnishes: 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, chopped cashews, chopped dried apricots, additional Triple Berry blend
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed.
- Blend until mixture is smooth; it will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, garnish as desired and enjoy immediately!