Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman’s
Yield: 1 smoothie (about 1 ½ cups)
Features spinach or kale (for vitamin K, folate, lutein and beta carotene), beets (nitrate for enhanced blood flow), flax (for omega 3s), almond milk (for vitamin E)
- 1 cup frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries
- ½-3/4-cup baby spinach or baby kale leaves
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ small frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup finely shredded raw beet
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!